Re: st: Stata graphs in word count

From   Scott Merryman <scott.merryman@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Stata graphs in word count
Date   Wed, 29 Aug 2012 06:17:21 -0500

Why not simply use Stata to count the number of words used in the
graphs and then add that to the Word total.

For example:

sysuse auto,clear
local title "This is the title"
local caption "This is the caption"
scatter mpg weight , title(`title') caption(`caption')

local mywordcount wordcount("`title'") + wordcount("`caption'")
disp  `mywordcount'

Scott