RE: st: About Data transfermation

From   "Lynn" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: About Data transfermation
Date   Tue, 14 Aug 2012 23:10:51 -0700

Thank you Prof. Williams.

Best Regards,

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Richard Williams
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 8:21 AM
Subject: Re: st: About Data transfermation

At 12:12 AM 8/15/2012, Lynn wrote:
>Dear all,
>The data I downloaded from website is in SAS format. I'd like to transfer
>them to STATA format. But looks like this transformation need a special
>software,which I do not have and really have no idea about it, to get it
>done. Could anyone tell me how to do this transformation, may be through
>some online free software or through STATA itself?
>I appreciate for any suggestion.
>Best Regards,

UCLA has some advice:

stat/transfer is a great investment. I hardly ever need to use it,
but it is a godsend when I do. For more, see

Barring that, find a friend who has SAS and see if they can covert it for

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu