Re: st: About Data transfermation

To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: About Data transfermation
Date   Tue, 14 Aug 2012 10:21:04 -0500

At 12:12 AM 8/15/2012, Lynn wrote:
Dear all,

The data I downloaded from website is in SAS format. I'd like to transfer
them to STATA format. But looks like this transformation need a special
software,which I do not have and really have no idea about it, to get it
done. Could anyone tell me how to do this transformation, may be through
some online free software or through STATA itself?
I appreciate for any suggestion.

Best Regards,
Lynn

UCLA has some advice:

http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/mult_pkg/faq/fromSAS_toStata.htm

stat/transfer is a great investment. I hardly ever need to use it, but it is a godsend when I do. For more, see

http://www.stata.com/products/stat-transfer/

Barring that, find a friend who has SAS and see if they can covert it for you.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam