Re: st: Propensity score matching in stata

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Propensity score matching in stata
Date   Tue, 24 Jul 2012 11:58:16 +0200

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:55 AM, KASHEFIPOUR E. wrote:
> Does the command that you gave me "logit debt size industry_type product_type" match samples by firms and industry? What does this command do?

If you want to know what a command like -logit- does, than you type in
Stata -help logit-. Than you would have seen that it estimates a
logistic regression that studies the effect of  size industry_type
product_type on debt, which is assumed to be your research question.
If you want to learn more, see

Matching makes sense when you match on
explanatoy/independent/right-hand-side/x-variables. It does not make
sense to match on the explained/dependent/left-hand-side/y-variable.
So assuming we interpreted your description of the research question
correctly, you do not want to use matching in your case.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen