RE: st: Propensity score matching in stata

From   "KASHEFIPOUR E." <E.KashefiPour@swansea.ac.uk>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: Propensity score matching in stata
Date   Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:55:28 +0100

Thanks a lot Shikha. Your comments were really helpful.
Does the command that you gave me "logit debt size industry_type product_type" match samples by firms and industry? What does this command do?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu on behalf of Shikha Sinha
Sent: Tue 24/07/2012 01:52
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: st: Propensity score matching in stata

If you want to estimate the average treatment effects (ATE or ATT),
you can use psm. In your case, are you also looking at the impact of
issuing debt on some outcome(?)? if not then, matching is not a good
strategy and simple probit or logit will solve your problem.

logit debt size industry_type product_type

This model will answer question about which type of company is more
likely to issue debt. Hope it helps.

Shikha

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 2:29 PM, KASHEFIPOUR E.
<E.KashefiPour@swansea.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dear Marco,
>
> Many thanks for your help.
>
> Actually, I am a new user of PSM, and therefore I appreciate if you could let me know about att in more details.
>
> Best,
> Eilnaz

<<winmail.dat>>