RE: st: Propensity score matching in stata

From   "KASHEFIPOUR E." <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Propensity score matching in stata
Date   Tue, 24 Jul 2012 11:58:28 +0100

Thanks. So, I will need to use logit model instead of PSM. However, I think it is better to match the 2 sample based on their size and industry. Do you know any command in Stata to match the two samples? Thnaks

-----Original Message-----
From: on behalf of Maarten Buis
Sent: Tue 24/07/2012 10:58
Subject: Re: st: Propensity score matching in stata
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:55 AM, KASHEFIPOUR E. wrote:
> Does the command that you gave me "logit debt size industry_type product_type" match samples by firms and industry? What does this command do?

If you want to know what a command like -logit- does, than you type in
Stata -help logit-. Than you would have seen that it estimates a
logistic regression that studies the effect of  size industry_type
product_type on debt, which is assumed to be your research question.
If you want to learn more, see

Matching makes sense when you match on
explanatoy/independent/right-hand-side/x-variables. It does not make
sense to match on the explained/dependent/left-hand-side/y-variable.
So assuming we interpreted your description of the research question
correctly, you do not want to use matching in your case.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen