st: Growth Curve & Binary Variables - Issues

From   Brendan Churchill <>
Subject   st: Growth Curve & Binary Variables - Issues
Date   Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:03:05 +0000

I'm trying to graph the output from a multilevel/growth curve model but I am having some difficulty. When I plot the model based on the predicted values, the graph appears distorted - I think this because of the inclusion of binary/dummy variables, for example sex ,which gives me a growth curve/trajectory for males and females. How do I plot the graph so that it does not include separate curves/trajectories for men and women, but one just overall - or one that incorporates/maintains sex in the model, but does not distinguish?

ANy help would be greatly appreciated