Re: Re: st: RE: converting graph to pdf

From   Clive Nicholas <>
Subject   Re: Re: st: RE: converting graph to pdf
Date   Tue, 5 Jun 2012 00:58:07 +0100

Ulrich Kohler replied:

> It is thus still somewhat annoying if some Windows/Mac user sents me a
> Do-File which does not run on my Linux computer because he/she has been
> using
> . graph export foo.pdf, replace
> at some point.

I'll confess that I've never run -graph export- in a .do file. (I
currently don't have Stata running on my machine - I can't get it
started in Linux, but have not yet attempted a re-installation of 9
under Kubuntu 12.04 - and haven't used it for a good year and a half.
I find I'm using R more and more, and installing that on my Linux
machine was like taking candy from a baby.)

However, I would simply say to anybody that they -graph export- their
foo.eps file as normal, include -epsfig- and
-graphicx- under the call to \usepackage{} in their LaTeX preamble
code, and then run something like

  \caption{This is a graph.}%
    {\footnote{This is a footnote.}}

in the body of the LaTeX file. There are variations on this theme (I
don't always need the {minipage} call, for instance), but it works for

Clive Nicholas

<>. Please respond to contributions I make in
a list thread here. Thanks!]

methodology. I prefer to call it style." -- Freeman J. Dyson