Re: Re: st: RE: converting graph to pdf

From   Ulrich Kohler <>
Subject   Re: Re: st: RE: converting graph to pdf
Date   Mon, 04 Jun 2012 14:54:51 +0200

Am Montag, den 04.06.2012, 08:45 -0400 schrieb Christopher Baum:
> <>
> On Jun 4, 2012, at 8:33 AM, Rich wrote:
> > if I remember correctly, saving graphs in pdf format was added when
> > version 12 was first released -- if you don't see this, then you don't,
> > apparently, have an up-to-date version of Stata and in that case you
> > need to tell us what version you have
> Correct for Windows users. Mac OS X has been able to -graph export- to pdf for a very long time. And Linux users, as I understand one of the wishes and grumbles at last week's meeting, still can't do so directly.

For Linux you have to

. graph export foo.eps, replace
. ! epstopdf foo.eps

which requires the third party software -epstopdf-; the good news is
that epstopdf have always been present in any Linux distribution that I
used so far ...