Re: Re: st: RE: converting graph to pdf

From   Clive Nicholas <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: RE: converting graph to pdf
Date   Mon, 4 Jun 2012 15:56:10 +0100

Kit Baum replied to 'Rich':

>> Correct for Windows users. Mac OS X has been able to -graph export- to pdf for a very long time. And Linux users, as I understand one of the wishes and grumbles at last week's meeting, still can't do so directly.

Ulrich Kohler replied:

> For Linux you have to
>
> . graph export foo.eps, replace
> . ! epstopdf foo.eps
>
> which requires the third party software -epstopdf-; the good news is
> that epstopdf have always been present in any Linux distribution that I
> used so far ...

FWIW, I've always been happy to -graph export- any .eps graphic files
and then let my text editor (currently Texmaker) do the converting in
and from my LaTeX file. There's no problem doing any of that in Linux,
AFAIK...

--
Clive Nicholas

<[email protected]>. Please respond to contributions I make in
a list thread here. Thanks!]

methodology. I prefer to call it style." -- Freeman J. Dyson