Re: st: RE: changing observations under one variable

From   Rudy Hover <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: changing observations under one variable
Date   Tue, 24 Apr 2012 21:12:07 +0200

Thank you for the tip on how to display dates.

However, it does not actually convert any value? I need to change the value 199901 to what stata uses, i.e. 468.

This works when the input is in the format -29jan1999- and then using

gen monthdate=mofd(input)

As you described.

But it does not work when the input is in the format -199901-.

I need to actually convert both formats to the -468- format because later on I want to merge using the date as unique identifying variable.