RE: st: RE: changing observations under one variable

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: changing observations under one variable
Date   Tue, 24 Apr 2012 14:39:51 +0100

You can apply a different -format- to get a display of just year and month.

. di %tdCCyyNN mdy(4,24,2012)

You can get a date variable that is just year and month by using -mofd()- as in

gen monthdate = mofd(date)

. di %tm mofd(mdy(4,24,2012))

This is all documented.

Rudy Hover