RE: st: RE: changing observations under one variable

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   RE: st: RE: changing observations under one variable
Date   Tue, 24 Apr 2012 14:39:51 +0100

You can apply a different -format- to get a display of just year and month.

. di %tdCCyyNN mdy(4,24,2012)
201204

You can get a date variable that is just year and month by using -mofd()- as in

gen monthdate = mofd(date)

. di %tm mofd(mdy(4,24,2012))
 2012m4

This is all documented.