Re: st: St: interpret the result of Hausman test

From   John Antonakis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: St: interpret the result of Hausman test
Date   Sun, 22 Apr 2012 22:43:02 +0200

Right. I am so used to seeing significant OLS coefficients and less significant IV coefficients. Come to think of it, we have a working paper with a non significant (and negative signed) OLS coefficient and a significant and positively signed treatment effect (à la Heckman) coefficient. I don't see signs flips often in practice or significant IV and non-significant OLS coefficients, which is why I questioned as to whether he had the same controls in both the IV and OLS model (and to demonstrate the point, I usually used sign-flipped coefficients in simulations to show up the iv estimator).

Best,
J.

Prof. John Antonakis
Faculty of Business and Economics