RE: st: St: interpret the result of Hausman test

From   "Hoang Dinh Quoc" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: St: interpret the result of Hausman test
Date   Mon, 23 Apr 2012 09:42:41 +0700

Given the fact that OLS estimates is not significant and the IV estimate is,
do you mean that the endogeneity test is not appropriate?

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Austin Nichols
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 10:14 PM
Subject: Re: st: St: interpret the result of Hausman test

John Antonakis <>:
Not odd at all given the magnitudes of coefs.

Note that a purported test of endogeneity or exogeneity is a test that
IV and OLS coefs differ statistically, and relies crucially on the
usual IV assumptions; if your exclusion restriction is no good,
then neither is a test of endogeneity or exogeneity.

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 6:21 AM, John Antonakis <>