Re: st: Random sample panel data

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Random sample panel data
Date   Fri, 20 Apr 2012 23:48:51 +0100

You can help yourself. The Statalist FAQ advises at

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html#before

"search can tell you about all built-in Stata commands, all ado-files
published in the Stata Technical Bulletin or the Stata Journal, and
all FAQs on the Stata website, www.stata.com."

Here you are:

FAQ     . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Sampling clusters, not individuals
        . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  N. J. Cox and S. Merryman
        5/06    How can I sample clusters, not individuals?
                http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/sampleby.html