st: Random sample panel data

From   Caliph Omar Moumin <sheikmoumin@yahoo.com>
Subject   st: Random sample panel data
Date   Fri, 20 Apr 2012 13:55:18 -0700 (PDT)

 Dear Sir/madam

I am having difficult in selecting suitable sample from a stata dataset with multiple observations per Id variable. The data is many as 27000 observations. But there are many id variable with multiple observation, and more than 15 variables, for example if variable var1 is the id variable and it has observation “A” which  is repeated 10 times, I want a random selection which if it selects observation "A" in var1, then it selects all observations of “ A”, not only once, but 10 times in this case.

Could you please help me.

Kind Regards,

C. Moumin

Email:  sheikmoumin@yahoo.com