st: How to -graph export- without displaying the graph?

From   "Grant, Robert" <Robert.Grant@sgul.kingston.ac.uk>
Subject   st: How to -graph export- without displaying the graph?
Date   Mon, 16 Apr 2012 11:34:25 +0100

Hi Statalisters

I am producing a large sequence of graphs within a loop, each of which I want to export as a standard image format like .tif ; for this application I am not interested in the .gph file.

Is there any way of getting the .tif files without having to display each graph in turn (which slows things down)? It seems that -graph export- needs the image to be displayed.

PS credit where credit is due: this question was previously posted (http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2005-08/msg00875.html) by Daniel Egan

Robert Grant
Senior Research Fellow in Quantitative Methods
Faculty of Health and Social Care Sciences
Kingston University and St George's, University of London
Grosvenor Wing, Cranmer Terrace, London, SW17 0RE.

robert.grant@sgul.kingston.ac.uk
+44 (0)20 8725 2281
http://tinyurl.com/helpwithstats
http://www.healthcare.ac.uk