Re: st: Some basic help on programming

From   Prakash Singh <prakashbhu@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Some basic help on programming
Date   Thu, 12 Apr 2012 19:54:49 +0530

Friedrich, I am really sorry for this inconvenience and ignorance

In continuation to my earlier question that the data set I am
referring contains item number in each level. with you proggraming
help what I could do was breaking the level data at item number wise
and them merging it back.

Now, suppose that I want to do the same for two different level data
and then merge all the data created at item number basis at once.

for example level3 data has item number from 309 to 319 so we get 10
data at item number and merged it. Level4 data contains item number
321-238, i.e. 18 item data  file to merge for level4. But how to do
this combined for level3 and level4 item number data. I mean is there
possibility to extend the programmee to break the level data for both
the level data and merge all the 28 item wise file in stead of merging
10 file separately  18 file separately and then merging these two to
get the final data.

Prakash