Re: st: Clustering with Sequence analysis/optimal matching

From   Ulrich Kohler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Clustering with Sequence analysis/optimal matching
Date   Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:22:22 +0100

I am the author of the sq package that is involved here. However note
that -clustermat- and -cluster tree- are official Stata, and, frankly I
do not  know much about cluster analysis. So I can only add that during
verification of -sqclusterdat- I quite regularly encounter the
"currently can't handle dendrogram reversals" from cluster tree (and I
don't remember whether it arises only with other methods than Ward's). I
usually solve the problem by simply changing the cutnumber to something
very close.

It is really the first time that I hear that dendrogram reversals should
not happen with Ward's method. If the problem arises due to some
features of distance matrix created by -sqom- I would be happy to hear
what I can do about it.

Many regards

Uli