st: Clustering with Sequence analysis/optimal matching

From   "Stefan Weih" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Clustering with Sequence analysis/optimal matching
Date   Wed, 21 Mar 2012 11:38:57 +0100

Dear Statalist-members,

I am currently analyzing diversification strategy sequences with 16
potential sequence states using the sqom (optimal matching) command.
As a common next step I would like to cluster my sqom-results. For this, I
am using the command sqclusterdat procedure as described in ?Sequence
analysis with Stata? (Brzinsky-Fay/Kohler/Luniak, 2006, The Stata
Journal6(4), 435-460). The syntax I am using looks the following:

sqset Seq ID Order

sqom, subcost(matrixA) full

sqclusterdat
clustermat wardslinkage SQdist, name(wards) add
sqclusterdat, return

However, the clustering does not work properly. After performing
sqclusterdat, return I keep receiving the following message ?Group results
could not be merged to sequence data. Returned to original sequence data?.

Unfortunately the cause for this message is not obvious to me. I am
thankful for any guidance and hints that can help me out.

Sincerely,
Stefan Weih

The data looks like:

ID	Seq	Order