Re: st: Clustering with Sequence analysis/optimal matching

From   Ulrich Kohler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Clustering with Sequence analysis/optimal matching
Date   Wed, 21 Mar 2012 12:08:55 +0100

Stefan,

the problem that you are reporting typcially happens with the version of
the program that was distributed togehter with the cited SJ article.
There is a newer version of the program available on SSC. Please use

. ado uninstall st0111
. ssc install sq

to update to the most recent version of the package.

Note as an aside that the most recent version of the sq-package also has
a lot of new features, including further functions for -egen-, a way to
apply multidimensional scaling to the distance matrix, decreased
overplotting of lines in sequence index plots, and a new graphical
device for plotting "ideal typical" sequences (-sqmodalplot-).

Many regards

Uli