Re: st: generating cumulative sequence

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: generating cumulative sequence
Date   Wed, 21 Mar 2012 08:55:12 +0000

gen var2 = sum(var1)

General tip: Browse in the help for functions to see what you are
missing. If it's fundamental, it should be a function. If it's
important, but not fundamental, it may be an -egen- function.
StataCorp have absolute rights over defining what is fundamental.

For an eclectic, idiosyncratic, quirky and capricious highlighting of
some valuable functions, see

Cox, N.J. 2011. Speaking Stata: Fun and fluency with functions. Stata
Journal 11(3): 460-471.

Abstract.  Functions are the unsung heroes of Stata. This column is a
tour of functions that might easily be missed or underestimated, with
a potpourri of tips, tricks, and examples for a wide range of basic
problems.

Nick