st: nnmatch

From   Melaku Fekadu <>
Subject   st: nnmatch
Date   Wed, 21 Mar 2012 11:35:35 +0200

Hello everybody,

I want to use nnmatch to look for a control group. At this stage, I am
not estimating a treatment effect, because I do not have a measure of
the outcome variable yet. I will do that later on when I will collect
the outcome variable through interview.

In short, I am now interested only in building a control group.

My question is this:  in nnmatch the first variable after nnmatch is
the outcome variable (y in the syntax below) which I do not have at
the moment. How can I get rid of this variable, so that the nnmatch
recognize that I do not use an outcome variable? Or are there  othet
matching methods that do what I am aiming for?

nnmatch y t x1 x2 [w=w], met(matname) bias(x1 x3) exact(x4) pop