RE: st: Sig Diff MFX probabilities

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Sig Diff MFX probabilities
Date   Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:35:56 +0000

Austin gave a signal that was concise but seemed clear to me.

As I understand it, you have to write your own program that defines a test statistic for the purpose and then use bootstrapping. What you want is not available as or via an existing command in terms that can be written down just like that.

Ron Varga

Still unclear. Using Stata10 I'm analysing 61 binary variables across 7 categories. Holding all variables from 5 categories at mean - understand ill-logical - and 1 binary variable from 1 category set to 1 - occurring and exhaustively all others from the same category not occurring - and another variable from the last category set to 1 and then 0, I generate MFX probabilities. How do I test if mfx using means for 5 categories and occuring for 2 defined attibutes significantly varies?