st: -findname- updated on SSC

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   st: -findname- updated on SSC
Date   Wed, 14 Mar 2012 19:02:24 +0000

Thanks as ever to Kit Baum, the files for -findname- have been updated on SSC to fix a problem identified by Marc Kaulisch on this list. See

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2012-02/msg01172.html

-findname- is a user-written alternative to -ds-. It does more and (in my view) it has a better syntax. In criticising the difference here I am essentially criticising my own earlier work on -ds-. -findname- requires Stata 9.

The files for the Stata Journal on -findname- will be updated on the publication of SJ 12(1) shortly.

Thanks again to Marc for drawing my attention to the problem.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk