st: double quotes in var label error findname(ssc)

From   "Kaulisch, Marc" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: double quotes in var label error findname(ssc)
Date   Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:26:40 +0100

Hi Nick,

I am not sure if we hit a bug in your findname (from ssc) programme.
We wanted to
findname, varl(*any") loc(st1)
But we get an error: invalid expression error

With set trace on we can spot that those variables cause problems that
include double quotes in the variable labels text. We are not sure if we
are not allowd to have double quotes in variable label texts in the
first place or if we hit a bug in findname...

Best regards,

Marc