Re: st: the use of loop function in Stata

From   Rosie Chen <>
Subject   Re: st: the use of loop function in Stata
Date   Tue, 13 Mar 2012 07:36:36 -0700 (PDT)

Nick, thank you very much for the further advice, which makes the syntax more efficient. Given the loop syntax I have, how to save all the histogram graphs? If I use the code below, the error message says: "file histogram.gph already exists".

foreach var of varlist lp*{

    histogram `var',  by(AID4, col(1))

    graph save histogram