st: Stata Transfer question

From   Jet <>
Subject   st: Stata Transfer question
Date   Sun, 26 Feb 2012 12:20:39 -0500

Hi, all,

    I have a SAS data and format file to transfer into DTA file.
Specifically, “data.sas7bcat” contains the data file, and
“format.sas7bcat” contains the value labels information.

      The program is Stata transfer 10. And I followed the manual
instruction. In the Option, I choose “Read directly from a catalog
file (*.sas7bcat) and brought the format file and saved it. Then, I
went to the “transfer” page to input the SAS data file. However, the
transferred DTA data does not contain the value labels.

     Anybody ever experienced this?

      Thank you.