Re: st: Stata Transfer question

From   Muhammad Anees <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata Transfer question
Date   Sun, 26 Feb 2012 22:51:20 +0500

Have read this section on the ST manual. It contains valuable
information about dealing with value labels.
Check the page 133 of the pad manual.

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Jet <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
>    I have a SAS data and format file to transfer into DTA file.
> Specifically, “data.sas7bcat” contains the data file, and
> “format.sas7bcat” contains the value labels information.
>
>      The program is Stata transfer 10. And I followed the manual
> instruction. In the Option, I choose “Read directly from a catalog
> file (*.sas7bcat) and brought the format file and saved it. Then, I
> went to the “transfer” page to input the SAS data file. However, the
> transferred DTA data does not contain the value labels.
>
>     Anybody ever experienced this?
>
>      Thank you.
>
>      Jet
>
> *
> *   For searches and help try:

Best
Muhammad Anees
Assistant Professor/Programme Coordinator
COMSATS Institute of Information Technology
Attock 43600, Pakistan
http://www.aneconomist.com