Re: st: How to vertically align graphs with Stata 12 ?

From   Francesco <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to vertically align graphs with Stata 12 ?
Date   Sun, 12 Feb 2012 17:49:45 +0100

Dear Nick,

You are right, thanks for your remark

I have a panel database that I aggregate using the -collapse function.
First of all, I generate a dummy variable that I would like to study (DUM)

- gen DUM=variable_of_interest==1

then I collapse the database by week and type of individuals (2 types,
identified by the dummy variable TYPE)

-collapse (count) count_Y=Y  ///
(mean) mean_Y=Y  ///
(mean) mean_DUM=DUM  ///
, by(week type) fast

I create the first graph, which requires at leat 10 datapoints per
week and plots the evolution of the DUM's proportion for type 1
individuals

- line mean_DUM week if count_Y>10&`TYPE'==1 , scheme(lean1)
name(choice, replace) sort

And I would like to plot it against the output Y for the two different types :

-twoway (line mean_Y week if count_Y>10&`TYPE'==1,sort  lcolor(black))
(line mean_Y week if count_Y>10&`TYPE'==0,sort  lcolor(red)) ,
scheme(lean1) name(graph, replace) legend(off)

Therefore I type :
-graph combine choice graph, cols(1) xcommon

The graph that I obtain is exactly what I want (one graph per row)...
except for the (important) fact that there is a slight lag in the
alignment of the x-axis due to (I guess) the difference in length of
digits between DUM (0.2 for example) and Y (0.002 for example) ...

What do you think ?

Many, many thanks in advance,