st: How to vertically align graphs with Stata 12 ?

From   Francesco <>
Subject   st: How to vertically align graphs with Stata 12 ?
Date   Sun, 12 Feb 2012 13:15:22 +0100

Dear List,

I created 3 (sub)graphs using the -line command, where the x-axis
represents dates (months, years, etc), and I would like to align them
That is obtaining one single graphical output that displays one
(sub)graph per row and with the following important feature : if you
draw an imaginary vertical line from a particular date of any graph
you should cut the x-axis of the other graphs at the same date...

I tried with the -graph combine option, but it does not work properly
: there is a slight time lag probably due to y-axis labels... so the
graphs are not perfectly aligned..
Also I found a thread which basically concludes that it is not obvious
to do this with Stata in a slightly different context :

However this post was made in ... 2003 ! I am sure that some
improvements have been introduced since...
Stata is the best! hehe

Do you have an idea ?
Many thanks