st: how can I merge two data sets over a range of values

From   Richard Warr <rswarr@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: how can I merge two data sets over a range of values
Date   Wed, 8 Feb 2012 16:45:31 -0500

Hi, I want to merge two data sets.  The merge variable is the stock
price.  However I would like to merge over a range of prices.  For
example if the price is 20 in dataset1, I would like that to merge
with any price in the range of 19.5 to 20.5 in dataset2.   Currently
my data sets each contain only a single stock price series (and other
variables).

Any ideas?

Thanks
Richard