Re: st: how can I merge two data sets over a range of values

From   Lim Lee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: how can I merge two data sets over a range of values
Date   Wed, 8 Feb 2012 18:20:32 -0500

you can create a variable "x" tagging all price==20 in dataset1 and
variable "x" tagging all price in the range of 19.5 to 20.5.  If you
have more than one value with price=20 your going to have to make that
each observation unique or drop one since merging m:m makes little
sense and the merging process requires at least one dataset to be
uniquely identified with regard to the variable your are matching the
datasets with.

hope this might be of help.

Lim