Re: st: exact row in which error occurs

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: exact row in which error occurs
Date   Thu, 24 Nov 2011 11:28:11 +0000

Stata doesn't work in this way, partly because do-files can and
usually do call other do-files, ado-files, commands, functions, etc.,
and a row number -- presumably meaning file line number -- would not
have very much meaning in many instances, and/or would refer to a line
in code that is proprietary and so hidden from you.

-set trace- leads to ways of detecting where errors occur. Otherwise
the difference between -do- and -run- is important here.