Re: st: Combining variables without adding

From   daniel klein <>
Subject   Re: st: Combining variables without adding
Date   Thu, 24 Nov 2011 01:14:57 +0100

"For some cases of more than one response I would like to use the
mean, in others I would like to use the lowest response."

This sounds a bit odd. What is your rationale for that, and how do you
decide who is assignd the mean of her/his (still erroneous) answer and
who is assigned the lowest (why not the highest) value?

Note that a possible "solution" depends on your answers to these
questions. For starters, you might want to look into -egen-'s -row*-