Re: st: Cleaning Strings and Regular Expressions

From   Tirthankar Chakravarty <tirthankar.chakravarty@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Cleaning Strings and Regular Expressions
Date   Wed, 23 Nov 2011 16:45:49 -0800

Well, if it helps you, the -strip- package (SSC, Paul Seed) automates
the required -subinstr()- in a -for- loop.

clear*
set obs 1
g x = "hi.there,gu;ys."
strip x, of(".,;") g(new_x)