Re: st: Cleaning Strings and Regular Expressions

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Cleaning Strings and Regular Expressions
Date   Thu, 24 Nov 2011 09:54:01 +0000

The alternative would be

gen new_x = x
foreach c in . , ; {
          replace new_x = subinstr(new_x, "`c'", "", .)

and I don't see what is so bad about that.