Re: st: barcharts with error plot + legend?

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: barcharts with error plot + legend?
Date   Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:20:01 +0100

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 12:25 AM, Guo Xu wrote:
> I'm looking for a procedure that can swiftly create barcharts with
> over(.) and by(.) + allows me to add a legend. Basically, I'm looking
> for an easy way to create this:
> The procedure described on the website, however, is incredibly tedious
> and I failed to find a shortcut. I'd be grateful for any suggestions
> or hints!

I don't think that short-cut exists yet. If you find that you are
making that graph often than you can just combine that sequence of
commands in a little .ado file, and thus create that short-cut
yourself. Whether that is worthwile depends on how often you expect to
want to make that graph.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie