st: barcharts with error plot + legend?

From   Guo Xu <digitalepourpre@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: barcharts with error plot + legend?
Date   Wed, 23 Nov 2011 23:25:23 +0000

Dear list,

I'm looking for a procedure that can swiftly create barcharts with
over(.) and by(.) + allows me to add a legend. Basically, I'm looking
for an easy way to create this:

http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/faq/barcap.htm

The procedure described on the website, however, is incredibly tedious
and I failed to find a shortcut. I'd be grateful for any suggestions
or hints!

Thanks a lot,

Guo