st: RE: Graphing medians with xtgraph bug

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   st: RE: Graphing medians with xtgraph bug
Date   Wed, 16 Nov 2011 11:21:09 +0000

-xtgraph- is from SSC. Please note that you are asked to explain where user-written programs you use come from.

-xtgraph- is by Paul Seed, who is a member of the list.

Meanwhile, you can plot medians using exactly the same idea as illustrated in a posting to a previous question, namely use -egen- to create group medians and then any standard graph command.

I'm trying to graph medians with xtgraph, but it doesn't work, even without any specific options. This is the error message I get, which I don't understand:

 -- xtgraph ta, group(failure_type) av(median) --
unrecognized command:  "Central fraction and rank =  invalid command name

Do you know what may be the problem? I've tried this with many variables and it still doesn't work (although the arithmetic and geometric means do work).