RE: st: Useful labelling of dummy variables following logit

From   Tim Evans <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Useful labelling of dummy variables following logit
Date   Thu, 25 Aug 2011 14:13:17 +0100

Nick, Maarten

I think I have what I want now and agree that the graphical presentation is nicer/easier to interpret. Thanks for your help.

However, I think I have one final thing to achieve. I only want to plot the variables that have significant p values - this is fine as I can drop them at the end of the code:

	replace parm = "baseline odds" if parm == "_cons"
	drop if p <=0.05
	egen axis= axis(z), label(parm)

However I want to incorporate into the graph code the fact that the signifcant number of variables may change between each regression so the 'ylab(1/14, valuelabel ang(h) noticks' command may change so that I have 12 variables rather than 14 in another regression - but I'd like Stata to do this rather than me having to pick out the number after each regression as I have a number of regressions to do.

**BEGIN EXAMPLE****
twoway bar  estimate axis, xscale(log) base(1) horizontal barw(.5) ///
			   xline(1) ylab(1/14, valuelabel ang(h) noticks) ||             ///
		  rcap min95 max95 axis, horizontal               ///
			   legend(order(1 "point estimate"            ///
							2 "95% conf. int.") pos(6))   ///
			   xtitle("odds ratio") ytitle("")
***END EXAMPLE***

Best wishes