Re: st: Useful labelling of dummy variables following logit

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Useful labelling of dummy variables following logit
Date   Thu, 25 Aug 2011 15:22:13 +0200

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Tim Evans wrote:
> However, I think I have one final thing to achieve. I only want to plot the variables that have significant p values - this is fine as I can drop them at the end of the code:
>        replace parm = "baseline odds" if parm == "_cons"
>        drop if p <=0.05
>        egen axis= axis(z), label(parm)
> However I want to incorporate into the graph code the fact that the signifcant number of variables may change between each regression so the 'ylab(1/14, valuelabel ang(h) noticks' command may change so that I have 12 variables rather than 14 in another regression - but I'd like Stata to do this rather than me having to pick out the number after each regression as I have a number of regressions to do.

-ylab(1/`=_N', valuelabel ang(h) noticks)-

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen