st: Decompose the technical efficiency

From   Song Nhac <>
Subject   st: Decompose the technical efficiency
Date   Sat, 11 Jun 2011 13:03:34 +0200

Dear All,

I employ the command as:

xtreg profit loan earningasset priceoflabor priceoffund equity totalasset, re

to find the technical efficiency of banks. And decompose the effect
u_i as the inefficiency and TE=exp(-u_i) ,
I know that in this command, we assume that ui~Gaussian. But I found
that the TE is greater than 1. Anyone know how I put more assumption
to u_i? Since I run xtfrontier...., ti- it gave me a quite different

My purpose is to compare the unobservable part with the TE, so that
why I intend to employ xtreg since from xtfrontier- I cannot decompose
the error term or get the value of v_it.

Thank for your kindly attention and support.

Great weekend.
Song Nhac