st: di-graphs for sppack

From   László Sándor <>
Subject   st: di-graphs for sppack
Date   Fri, 10 Jun 2011 17:58:25 -0400

I use Stata 11.2 on mac and Unix and would need some guidance on
social network analysis.

I have hopes to use -sppack- with a graph that is essentially
directed. It describes link with a strong chronology, and I think
previous peers of my current peers can generate spill-overs on me, but
I cannot affect them. Higher-order (indirect links) could come from
multiplying the symmetric (current) adjacency matrix with an
asymmetric analogue, I think. In the end, the resulting correlation
matrix cannot by symmetric. Is it a problem for -spreg-? Is it doable
via -spmat-, or only manually?

Sorry for not cracking this myself.

László Sándor
PhD candidate in Economics