Re: st: RE: creating combined correlation of dummy (ordered multilevel)

From   Stefan Nijssen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: creating combined correlation of dummy (ordered multilevel)
Date   Sat, 11 Jun 2011 14:24:53 +0200

Maarten, thanks for your reply. As I am currently reading from your website, the sheaf coefficient seems to be very relevant in my model.

Indeed I am talking about independent variables. The dependent is continuous, a risk factor represented by an interest rate. I am trying to estimate the effect of both a rating scale and a set of accounting ratios to the risk factor. I am hypothesizing that the effect of the rating on the interest rate, compared to the effect of the accounting ratios on this interest rate has diminished in recent years, using data from three points in time during the last decade. Hence the independent variables can be seen as two blocks, the ratings (which are in the form of an ordered scale, AAA (1) AA (2) A (3) BBB (4) BB (5) B (6)). I have split this variable into 6 dummies since the distance between either point might not be the same. Reading from your website, I think I should create this so called sheaf coefficient for both the rating scale and the accounting ratios, and in the ideal case I will be able to visualize the influence of either variable block. Doing this for three points in!
  time, I would be able to see, possibly, a pattern. With the rating scale and the accounting ratios being a possible tradeoff (theoretically), I would be able to see their correlation using the model this way.

Does this sound logical?

Thanks for any help and suggestions,

Stefan Nijssen