st: Difficult wide file

From   Guy Mole <G.Mole1@uni.bsms.ac.uk>
Subject   st: Difficult wide file
Date   Mon, 6 Jun 2011 11:00:49 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to create a wide file from long data. Each patient in the data has had several angiograms which I would like put on the same line. The angiograms are however sometimes coded differently (as they are different types) and some other variables are coded differently for the same patient (which is what STATA doesn't appear to like). Is there a way to get STATA to ignore the differently coded variables, and so just put one full line for each patient ID? Many thanks in advance for your help.

Guy