st: Exporting xtsum results: A Querry

From   Muhammad Anees <>
Subject   st: Exporting xtsum results: A Querry
Date   Mon, 6 Jun 2011 13:28:30 +0500

I have xtsummed a panel dataset separately for male and female
individuals and also for the pooled sample as:

xtsum varlist,
xtsum varlist if male==1 (for male sample)
xtsum varlist if male==0 (for female sample)

My querry is what stata ado or user written command can be used to
export the results into one table as

varlist       |                   female                    |
         male                       |                   pooled
                 |  overall   | Between   | Within   |  overall   |
Between   | Within   |  overall   | Between   | Within   |

The first row is groups and the second row gives results from the
xtsum for each group. I know how to tabout regression results using
esttab or estout commands and make a single table for many groups etc,
but how it could be done for xtsum results for two, three or more
groups and make a single exported table for presentations? Your
suggestion will lessen my burden to do it manually.