Re: st: do file script from text wrangler

From   Eric Green <epgreen@gmail.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: do file script from text wrangler
Date   Sun, 22 May 2011 21:58:37 -0400

I am using TextMate on my mac, and I have the same problem with local macros described in this thread because of the temporary file issue. In my TextMate Stata bundle (i.e., program settings), I set the temp file to be created in /Code/Stata. So every time I send a selection of code to Stata, the command in Stata is preceded by:

. do "/Code/Stata/textmatetostata.do"

In my do files, I always specify the location of my data as follows:

global rawdata "/Code/Stata/Projects/[insert project name]/Data/Raw/"
global cleandata "/Code/Stata/Projects/[insert project name]/Data/Clean"

I don't have any problems sending the entire file to Stata. Just selections. Local macros are undefined. Is there a way to get around this problem?

Best,
Eric