Re: st: do file script from text wrangler

From   Eric Green <epgreen@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: do file script from text wrangler
Date   Tue, 24 May 2011 14:36:10 -0400

Thanks, Phil. This is a MUCH better strategy. I really appreciate your help.

One thing: I can't seem to get your textmate code running. I know the
Stata TM bundle posted here works (except for the local macro
problem): http://bylr.net/3/2010/10/stata-bundle-for-textmate/. When I
replaced the existing send selection to stata code with the code you
provided, nothing happens (I reloaded the bundle). I thought it might
have to do with how the program is called up, but I'm really not sure.

This is the original command code to send the selection to stata:

echo "$TM_SELECTED_TEXT" > textmatetostata.do
osascript -e "tell application \"Stata\"
activate
open POSIX file \"textmatetostata.do\"
end tell"

You seem to call up stata using a different method:

tell application id "com.stata.stata11"

I don't know enough about the scripting to know how to diagnose the problem.

Any thoughts?

Best,
Eric