st: Responding to a Reviewer's Concern about an Ado

From   "Michael C. Morrison" <Morrimic@niacc.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Responding to a Reviewer's Concern about an Ado
Date   Thu, 19 May 2011 12:17:06 -0500

A reviewer of a proposed publication of mine is questioning the use of a user-written program that I utilized in the analysis. I'm not sure if the reviewer is familiar with Stata and ados.

This particular ado is the primary tool utilized in a Sage publication regarding the subject at hand (which I will point out to the editor and through him to the reviewer.) I'm wondering, how does one find the number of downloads of the ado through ssc. I know there are other ways that users can obtain ados but I suspect ssc downloads would give me a decent number of people using the program. Any other ideas would be appreciated. In advance. Thanks.

Mike